Our ‘discovery’ programme using Searcher & Ethnotracker accompanied customers on their entire journey with Virgin Atlantic.
- Research and booking – we tracked every key stroke and site visited for detailed analysis
- Interaction with Virgin Atlantic customer service on a phone with all calls recorded for analysis
- Observed during limo pick up by researcher/driver – conversation audio/video recorded for analysis
- From arrival at airport, customers were tracked and monitored by researcher posing as fellow passenger
- Customers completed an audio diary of what they were doing and feeling at various moments
- Interviewed cabin staff on their opinions and ideas on the customer experience they provided
Full analysis of the findings were combined with Generator (internal VA staff) & Extrospector (customer feedback) tools to give a full picture of the customer experience
We then produced a league table of the constituent elements of the customer journey and their relative importance to the overall customer experience. We included opportunities for improvements.